login register   email us
forums > Current Events / World Affairs > "Prophets of Doom"

Below lists the thread for this topic.

(add reply)

PosterThread Detail
Fatdragon
2/2/2011 2:56:22 AM "Prophets of Doom"
Did anyone happen to catch the History Channel's show "Prophets of Doom"? The title of the show was pure hyperbole of course but the 6 panel members they had on discussing peak oil, overpopulation, financial collapse, water shortages and pollution were all rational and earnest regarding the present and accelerating deterioration of societal, governmental, environmental and financial norms. I watched it primarily because Tom Brown jr is highly endorsing on the Tracker site (with Brown's typical gushing hyperbole) and even teaching with one of the show's guests named Michael Ruppert of collapsenet.com. In the 20 years I've known him Brown almost NEVER endorses anyone , so it piqued my curiosity. I thought the show was tremendously balanced and spot on (with the possible exception of the individual who worries that computer AI may supercede and displace humanity. Even he comes to realize by the show's end that if the oil stops flowing and the lights go out the last thing we have to worry about is malicious AI.) I believe they will be re-running the show so keep an eye out and let me know what you think.

(edit) | (quote)
ctsrsg
2/2/2011 1:26:34 PM 
I watched it. I thought that the panels points on water shortages were excellent as well.

(edit) | (quote)
Trackerdoc
2/2/2011 3:28:00 PM 
Watched it and was clad to see someone endorse the water shortage. I too have seen TOm Browns endorsement of Ruppert, but bringing it to a standard class at his school was suprising to me.

(edit) | (quote)

(add reply)